forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2652  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Jan 30, 2000  6:02 pm
Subject:  Re: The name "SignWriting" in other countries...

James Kegl wrote:
>Instead of asking how to say "SignWriting" in other spoken languages, how
>about how to sign (or SignWrite) it in other sign languages. In Nicaragua,
>for example, the right index touches the back and then the front of the left
>flat hand (left hand rotated 90 degrees right, palm facing signer), followed
>by the "write" sign -- Group 9, Part 3, "s key" writing on the left palm.

SignWriting List
January 30, 2000

Hi James - That is exactly what I would love...could you type it in
SignWriting? Create a .GIF and send the sign to us on the SignWriting
List? Words are poor in describing the way the sign looks...writing
it in SignWriting would help ;-)

Many thanks!

Val ;-)

  Message 2652  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index