forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2865  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Lourdes Tollette
Date:  Mon Feb 21, 2000  11:45 am
Subject:  Re: Sign for "FIRE"

-----Original Message-----
From: Valerie Sutton [SMTP:]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2000 11:07 AM
To: SignWriting List
Subject: Sign for "FIRE"

SignWriting List
February 18, 2000

I received this question yesterday.

I would not write the sign for "FIRE" with the "Cupped Hand with
Spread Fingers". That is the wrong handshape.

The fingers are straighter than that. Please see some of the
different possible versions below in my answer ;-)

The movement of alternating of the fingers is captured in the
movement symbol itself, and not in the handshape symbol....so the
bending of the knuckle joint is there in the writing of the sign...in
the movement symbol: << File: %less054.gif >> << File: less054.gif >>
[Lourdes Tollette]
I see the file attachemt about the ASL "fire"... And I might add to both
hand same time with "fire" and both hand move up the same time... ASL:
Burn up

Lourdes

  Message 2865  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index