forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2888  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  June Taylor
Date:  Tue Feb 22, 2000  10:59 pm
Subject:  Re: Shall We Introduce Ourselves Again? ;-)

hello there,

I am currently taking my first ASL class. I am so interested in this area
that i am looking at doing the work to become certified as a translator. On
the internet i read about SW again my interest was peaked. Anything that
will enable one to maintain ones culture/identiity without diluting it
through translation is great. I would like to learn more about SW and SD.
I have decided to present this topic to my ASL class. We all have to do an
oral pesentation and this is a very controverisal one.

I realize change is dfficult but growth is essential and independence is even
better. I can see how SW helps the Deaf Community to keep their
independence. Hope to hear from soon.

jt

  Replies Author Date
2889 Re: Shall We Introduce Ourselves Again? ;-) Valerie Sutton Wed  2/23/2000
2897 Re: Shall We Introduce Ourselves Again? ;-) Dawn McReynolds Wed  2/23/2000
2916 Dawn's Important Message ..... Valerie Sutton Sat  2/26/2000

  Message 2888  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index