forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2902  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Mark Penner
Date:  Thu Feb 24, 2000  4:14 am
Subject:  SpellCheck "Japan" in JSL

Here's another spellcheck request. Its related to the "a-dot handshape"
discussion about how to position the thumb. In this case, in SignWriter, I
was unable to position the thumb the way it looked like it should be in
"real life".

I think this is because what we have is not a true "L" shaped hand, but an
"L" hand with the thumbs bent at the knuckle so that they come down and
touch each other. What you then have in the starting position is two hands
palms facing each other with index fingers and thumbs touching to form a
triangle. These move away from each other while the thumb and forefinger
come together on each hand.

My right hand example is more intuitive. The left hand one is the best I
can do in SignWriter. But the fact that I can't write it how I think it
looks best in SignWriter makes me wonder if I've got it wrong.

Mark

Attachment
Japan.gif
Type: image/gif

Mark Penner
Tokyo, Japan

  Replies Author Date
2918 Writing Projecting Thumbs Valerie Sutton Sat  2/26/2000
2919 Re: Writing Projecting Thumbs Valerie Sutton Sat  2/26/2000
2920 Re: SpellCheck "Japan" in JSL Valerie Sutton Sat  2/26/2000

  Message 2902  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index