forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2907  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Feb 24, 2000  8:04 pm
Subject:  Re: Writing Songs

On 2/22/00, Trevor Jenkins wrote:

>For the worship we have discussed having a standard interpretation of the
>songs. We have been given this advice by someone who started the Deaf
>ministry in one of the large London churches. I have thought that
>SignWriting would be the ideal transciption scheme (a sort of signed
>songbook) simply because HamNoSys and Stokoe notations are more cryptic. At
>conventional font sizes they might not be readable in worship situations.
>Also they require considerable training to be able to use properly. Based on
>success that Ronald H. Dettloff has had in teaching
>SignWriting to all ages, including children, in his congregation this is the
>way to go.

----------------------------

SignWriting List
February 24, 2000

Yes...a SignWriting Song Book is very possible.

DanceWriting and SignWriting can be written directly under music
notes...we do that in dance quite a lot, but it is very easy to place
SignWriting under the notes too...

That is not what I am suggesting you do...since most people do not
know how to read music....

There is a much easier way to write the "visual rhythm" of signed
languages in SignWriting, which I look forward to sharing with you
very soon...

But just for fun, here is an example of DanceWriting written under
the music notes...this is one of many options for writing timing in
Sutton Movement Writing...

Attachment
less060a.gif
Type: image/gif

less060b.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 2907  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index