forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2988  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Trevor Jenkins
Date:  Sat Mar 4, 2000  10:33 am
Subject:  Re: SignWriting as a gateway?

On Saturday, 4 March, 2000 07:40:13, INGRID FOGGITT
wrote:

> In South Africa, the average Deaf school leaver has the general knowledge
> of what is thought to be 'normal' at 8 years old and writing skills of what
> is thought to be `normal' at 10 years old.

That's appaling! Do these ages vary depending upon ethnic origin?

What I'm interested in is comparison statistics for Great Britain. Any one
know what the ages here are?

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living
language. So recognise it now.

--

<>< Re: deemed!

  Replies Author Date
2995 Re: SignWriting as a gateway? Angus B. Grieve-Smith Sun  3/5/2000

  Message 2988  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index