forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3030  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Thu Mar 9, 2000  3:05 pm
Subject:  Re: Transcribing Video SL Bible translations

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> Is there anyone on the SignWriting List who has skill with creating
> videoclips in QuickTime? Can you post some instructions to us as to
> how to do this on both Windows and Mac computers? Many thanks!!

To create a video clip your computer needs a video capture card; I
don't know if Mark has one or not. Most cards come with software to edit
the clips and convert them to QuickTime or .avi format.

I've been emailing video files to my professor at UNM, and I've
found that they can get pretty big: depending on the frame rate,
resolution and color depth they can be over a megabyte for a few seconds
of video. It turns out that by using a compression program, I can reduce
that to under 100KB per second of video. Zip compression works for
Windows and Unix, and Mac users can use Stuffit.

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Replies Author Date
3032 Making QuickTime Video Clips Valerie Sutton Thu  3/9/2000
3033 Re: Making QuickTime Video Clips Stuart Thiessen Thu  3/9/2000
3035 Re: Making QuickTime Video Clips Valerie Sutton Thu  3/9/2000

  Message 3030  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index