forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3168  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  cmf
Date:  Thu Mar 23, 2000  5:15 am
Subject:  Re: SW at the Kentucky School for the Deaf

Valerie and the SignWriting list,

So the word is out...and we, Kate Dalton, Lorraine Crespin and myself,
will be talking about and showing some SignWriting literacy experiences
we have been sharing here in Albuquerque. If there is anyone in the
'neighborhood' on Friday, the 24th of March...hope you will stop by at
the Marriott. Of all the members of our presentation team, one of our 12
year old students is 'more prepared' for this event than the 'elders'.
Fernando, on his own, went home and prepared a three page handwritten
document with both SignWriting and English script. When I asked
Fernando, why he wrote both SW and English with long arrows connecting
the two rows, he responded that his Mom and Dad don't know Signs. Good
enough answer for me! He has never seen literacy materials in this
fashion.He is 'working' the systems.

Will let you know how it goes on Friday. Be thinking of us!

And then there's Kentucky!

Cecilia

  Replies Author Date
3169 Re: SW at the Kentucky School for the Deaf James Womack Thu  3/23/2000
3172 Re: SW at the Kentucky School for the Deaf Valerie Sutton Thu  3/23/2000
3173 Re: SW at the Kentucky School for the Deaf Stefan Woehrmann Thu  3/23/2000
3175 Documentary: "SignWriting In Deaf Education" Valerie Sutton Thu  3/23/2000
3180 Re: SW at the Kentucky School for the Deaf Valerie Sutton Fri  3/24/2000

  Message 3168  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index