forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3210  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Mon Apr 17, 2000  2:08 pm
Subject:  Re: Questions About Writing Depth

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> What is a breast stroke?

The way I learned it, your hands start down near the bottom of
your ribs and brush the body as they extend forward as far as they can
go. They then move out to the sides and back down, pushing you
forward through the water and completing the circle. The elbows are bent
when moving the hands forward past the body, and extended for the rest of
the stroke.

> 1. Do the circles for the arms occur that far from the chest? - Are
> they very very far from the chest when the circles happen?

I didn't learn it with any circling movement at the end of the
extension; the movement is a single, smooth circle repeated until you get
to the end of the pool. Is that the way that Danny is describing it,
Stefan?

> 2. Do both arms move at the same time in a breast stroke?

Yes.

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Replies Author Date
3212 Re: Questions About Writing Depth Bill Reese Mon  4/17/2000
3218 Re: Questions About Writing Depth Angus B. Grieve-Smith Mon  4/17/2000
3215 Re: Questions About Writing Depth Stefan Woehrmann Mon  4/17/2000
3219 Projeting Limbs Part 1 Valerie Sutton Mon  4/17/2000

  Message 3210  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index