forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3211  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bill Reese
Date:  Mon Apr 17, 2000  2:38 pm
Subject:  Re: Questions About Acrobat .PDF files

Oops.. My bad. You are right Angus, the print driver name in GSview is
pdfwrite not printpdf. See what
happens when I don't check my work? :-)

I have a question. I noticed the jaggies in your image. If I recall
correctly, pdfwrite allows you to
set the resolution at 72dpi or 300dpi or even 600dpi if you have the newest
beta GSview. What was your
resolution set at for conversion? Did it matter?

Bill Reese

"Angus B. Grieve-Smith" wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Valerie Sutton wrote:
>
> > it may be that we could use the Postscript command (under
> > Setup under Printing in SignWriter) to "print a postscript file"..in
> > other words..instead of printing to a printer ...instead "print to
> > disk"...and then that Postscript file on disk, could be brought into
> > Acrobat and we could have a .pdf file of a SignWriter document.
>
> Okay, it worked for me! Here's what I did under Windows 95 to
> set it up; it should work under any version of Windows:
>
> 1) Install Ghostscript and Ghostview (<https://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost>).
>
> 2) Download prn2file, a DOS utility from PC Magazine, from Shareware.com

<https://shareware.cnet.com/shareware/0-13628-500-1096192.html?tag=st.sw.16165_50\
1_1.lst.titledetail>,