forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3235  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Apr 19, 2000  8:10 pm
Subject:  QUESTION ABOUT REPEATED SIGNS

SignWriting List
April 19, 2000

QUESTION:

Dear Valerie,
How do you show a repeated sign without re-writing the whole sign?

Ron Dettloff

ANSWER:

Take a look at this English sentence:

"Hi Ron. How are you, Ron? Are you having a nice day?"

The word "you" appeared twice. The word "are" appeared twice. The
word "Ron" happened twice. And there were two question marks too...

Now in English, we write all those words and symbols, even though
they repeat themselves within the same document...We do not say:

"Hi Ron. How are you, R-2? A-2 y-2 having a nice day?-2"

Grin.

So SignWriting is no different ...