forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3295  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Apr 26, 2000  1:17 pm
Subject:  New School in Las Cruces, New Mexico

SignWriting List
April 26, 2000

I would like to welcome a new school to the SignWriting Literacy Project!

Here is their confirmation letter:

From:
Dr. Karen Woods, Principal
Nancy Cole, Teacher
Hillrise Elementary School
1400 South Curnutt
Las Cruces, NM. 88011

To:
Valerie Sutton
SignWriting Literacy Project
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting

Dear Valerie,

The teachers of the 3-5 grades, at the Hillside Elementary School in
the city of Las Cruces, New Mexico, would like to participate in your
SignWriting Literacy Project. We are part of the Las Cruces Public
School District.

Some of our teachers would like to introduce SignWriting to their
students. These teachers are interested in learning and using
SignWriting because students have shown success with a preliminary
introduction to the program even though they had not been previously
successful in any form of writing. Each teacher has approximately 4
students who will be participating in the Literacy Project.

We agree, as a group, to complete three Web Reports in return for the
SignWriting materials and technical support you donate to us. We
understand that this letter and all three reports will become public
information and will be posted to the SignWriting List and posted on
the SignWriting Web Site. You have our full permission to use the
information as needed.

Please send SignWriting materials for 2 teachers and 8 students.

Thank you for considering us for your project.

Sincerely,