forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3343  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Ingvild
Date:  Sun May 7, 2000  10:01 am
Subject:  Re: SW in Databases

Valerie wrote on May 6, 2000

> Hello Everyone and Trevor -
> Many thanks for the information about all of these database software

> Windows: MICROSOFT ACCESS or ORACLE?
> (am I right about this?)

Even if Trevor is right about Exel not being a database program in the strict
sense, it is what comes with the ordinary Office paccage, and it can easily be
used as a database for simple functions (I do that a lot). Access has to be
bought in addition, and is not excately cheap (at least not here in Norway). So
I would not give in on Exel.

But for the time being, I am happy to use the dict program of sw 4.3 ...
several thounsand of signs safely stored..

Ingvild

  Message 3343  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index