forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3421  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon May 15, 2000  11:55 pm
Subject:  Re: Lessons In Sign Language Transcription

At 2:59 PM -0700 5/15/00, Stefan Woehrmann wrote:

>You didnīt post the gif of Mark. Would it be a good idea to send all
>the gifs directly to you? You would collect them and post all
>transcriptions along with your comment in one attachment ? Having no
>idea what the others of our group are going to see or to write I
>wasnīt influenced - and that seems to be good in order to get in
>touch with my own problems and questions .

SignWriting List
May 15, 2000

Hello Stefan and thank you for your GIF and questions. I will wait to
answer them later, after a few other participants have posted their
GIF and questions to the SW List too.

I never received any GIF from Mark, so I had nothing to post.

No....Please do not send me any GIFs privately. The entire course
must be posted to the SW List.

Then, if I am too busy or overtired, at least you can give each other
feedback. Plus, other people on the List will also benefit. That is
the purpose of the SW List. I don't think it will hurt to see each
other's writing...I think that can be stimulating too ;-)

Sometimes people cannot post to the List, like Ingvild in Norway, but
that is an exception, because her computers don't let her post to the
List, so in those cases, of course I do the posting for people.

But in the case of this transcription project, each participant is on
their own!

So hopefully Mark can post to the List what he wrote before - we look
forward to reading it ;-)

I wonder if Wayne or Joe have time to participate now?....

And by the way Stefan, since you have a poor quality video copy, if
it will help you, I can post the frames of each sign as photos first.
I will do that next to see if it helps you.

https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

  Message 3421  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index