forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3495  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Trevor Jenkins
Date:  Thu Jun 1, 2000  8:13 pm
Subject:  Re: Hello

> Trevor, I really enjoyed reading your paragraph above. I started to
> giggle...what are the NIV, the CEV and the AV? smile
>
> I am assuming different versions of the Bible in English? ;-)

Oops, been spending way too much time on the Bible Translation list. You're
correct these initials are various translations: NIV == New International
Version, CEV == Contemporary English Version, AV == Authorised Version (aka
KJV or King James Version). With the exception of the last one/two all the
others are recent well since the 70s.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living
language. So recognise it now.

--

<>< Re: deemed!

  Message 3495  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index