forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3635  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Cecelia Smith
Date:  Sun Jun 25, 2000  7:47 pm
Subject:  Re: Article about Cued Speech

In a message dated 6/22/00 11:57:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

<< Has Cued Speech blended at all with ASL? >>

Hi;

It has been my observation that no,,,it has not. In fact, 2 years ago at
Gallaudet one of the graduate students did a study of adults who had been
raised with cued speech...and found that most of them did not use it as
adults and instead relied more on ASL and writing.

I do not remember the particulars... but once Joe M. gets settled into
Gallaudet, perhaps he can look up the research project. :)

Cecelia

  Replies Author Date
3644 Re: Article about Cued Speech Ingvild Roald Mon  6/26/2000
3645 Re: Article about Cued Speech Valerie Sutton Mon  6/26/2000

  Message 3635  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index