forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3641  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Nancy Cole
Date:  Mon Jun 26, 2000  12:23 am
Subject:  Re: SignWriting can inspire speech....

Yes, you are right Valarie. I understand. I know that it is very
controversal about using even ASL to promote English literacy. But as we
have seen it does help, so I can understand why Stephans students were so
excited to speak. I think SW definately help Deaf students achieve English
literacy, or any kind of literacy as I have noticed from various teachers.

Oh, I couldn't resist putting in my 2 cents worth ha! I think everyone has
great ideas, and I'm happy to read all of these posts! I learn alot from you
all!

Smile
Nancy

  Message 3641  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index