forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3642  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Nancy Cole
Date:  Mon Jun 26, 2000  12:26 am
Subject:  Re: phonetic and phonemic spelling

Yes, you are right. You know Deaf have something we call "Deaf spelling."
I'm not sure if it is the same all around, but in my community we have it. A
Deaf person spells the word, but it isn''t the exact spelling and we can
always understand what it is. I think it's like when you don't know the
sign, but you know the word and hearing people try to sound it how, but Deaf
try to fingerspell it.

Anyways, again, my 4 cents worth! Enough, I'll shut up now haha!
Smile
Nancy

  Replies Author Date
3643 Re: phonetic and phonemic spelling Valerie Sutton Mon  6/26/2000

  Message 3642  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index