forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3682  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Nancy Cole
Date:  Thu Jun 29, 2000  3:40 am
Subject:  Re: standardized spellings

I have something to ask anyone who wants to answer. Actually my hubby
brought it up. We are learning SW, and it's something new to us. One thing
I have noticed is that signs are different in different communities. For
example, I went to PA where I met over 200 Deaf individuals, and had to have
my husband interpret for me! I had never been out of NM, or Texas before, os
it was a unique experience. I have a difficult time explaining to my
students that signs are different all over. Ummm I'm not even sure how to
put this question....but we were wondering is...if we are using the SW
lessons, and one of the signs shows different than how we use it here in NM,
should we rewrite the sign? We are only "babies" in this new technique, and
quite unsure of ourselves. We are trying to change some of my students books
into SW and alittle worried about how we should do it. So, any suggestions
would be helpful:)

Smile
Nancy

  Replies Author Date
3683 Re: standardized spellings Valerie Sutton Thu  6/29/2000
3733 Re: standardized spellings Angus B. Grieve-Smith Sun  7/2/2000
3734 SignWriting Databases Valerie Sutton Mon  7/3/2000
3735 Re: standardized spellings Valerie Sutton Mon  7/3/2000
3737 Re: standardized spellings Angus B. Grieve-Smith Mon  7/3/2000

  Message 3682  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index