forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3728  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Joe Martin
Date:  Sun Jul 2, 2000  3:07 am
Subject:  e-mail abreviations

From a private e-mail I learned that
I must confess to being english centered. I used some e-mail conventions
that people might not know, especially those of us whose native language
is not English. Sorry. Here are clarifications:

LOL stands for Laughing Out Loud. I notice Valerie write "ha" Or we can
put a smiley face :-)

An asterisk in front of a word is there to add stress. example:
Writing is great, and writing signs is *great. Writng signs in
SignWriting is *great*. (two stars = more emphasis yet.

So for those who didn't recognize these things, sorry, and that is what
they meant.

Joe Martin, Plain Old Ordinary Student
Top Left Corner USA

  Message 3728  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index