forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3732  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Robin Homesley
Date:  Sun Jul 2, 2000  9:51 pm
Subject:  Re: Getting Started

Thanks to all who are giving me advice on how to get started. I am leaving
on July 4th to take 18 youths to St. Louis for a national Lutheran youth
convention, and plan to use a lot of the travel time reading all about SW
(at least the information I already have) and to learn the ABCs and SW
movements. Then (hopefully) I should be better oriented.
The reason I want to do this is because of how well my mentally disabled,
profoundly deaf student does with this. She can actually read better than I
can, when the printed information is in SW. She knows less than 30 printed
English words.
I would really like to get the computer program that types the words in SW
for this student (and to save me time). I really feel this will be a break
through for my students.
Thanks for all the info. given thus far.
Robin