forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3746  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Nancy Cole
Date:  Tue Jul 4, 2000  2:30 am
Subject:  Re: Lucky

Just a note there on the sign "lucky." I think how the Deaf know when you
are signing lucky with the same sign as "chili" is the facial expression
involved. I've seen my sister-in-law (who is also Deaf) from the east sign
that sign (chili) mean good luck but with a facial expression tongue click
ummm how to explain oh like saying lalala. My husband and I use it also, and
when we sign chili we sign is repeatedly. It was a big arguement in my
classroom with the SEE teacher, but I think you are right when you said we
could write the sign on the board and explain how people from different areas
sign it. Good idea, I plan to do that this next year:)

Smile
Nancy

  Message 3746  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index