forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3772  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Sat Jul 8, 2000  10:13 am
Subject:  Re: rotation symbols and directions

Dear Valerie ,

I had to look up "avid" - well , yes .Iīm definitely one of them.. ;-)

The first exercis parallel to the floor, parallel to the wall - no problem -
got it - thanks

but then ...

> It is the same with rotation symbols. Place the beginning handshape
> in the center, and write rotation symbols going clockwise and
> counter-clockwise around the beginning handshape. Then decide which
> path you want to paint, and eliminate the others.

HHmm - itīs not all the same because of another symbol -

Perhaps I understand this symbol for the first time as just expressing the
same information as the curved arrow underneath or over the sign ?

Again I prepared a gif to ask for your comment (donīt worry evon avid
SW-rotation -symbol - learners are patient enough to wait for your answer
for some time- without getting disturbed ! Right - Joe ? Jerry ? Ingvild ?
Charles ? Nancy ? who else ?? )

Have a great weekend

Stefan ;-)