forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3813  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Wayne Smith
Date:  Sat Jul 29, 2000  11:38 pm
Subject:  Re: Shyuwa

Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
> what does "Shyuwa" mean -- ?

Stefan -
"Shyuwa" (I would normally write it "shuwa") is the Japanese word
for "sign language".
I'm glad we're continuing with this project, but it'll be a few
days before I get a chance to look at the video. I've been asked to be
a (French-speaking!) tour guide at Acadia National Park, so I'm working
like mad trying to get my stories memorized. I start on Tuesday. This
is just a summer thing. I'm still doing my language school here on the
coast of Maine.
Stefan, one question: I see you can read the JSL video fine. I
thought Germany used the PAL systen and I know Japan uses the NTSC
system. How are you able to view the video?
Hugs,
- Wayne

  Message 3813  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index