forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3837  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Mon Aug 7, 2000  8:51 am
Subject:  writing of left or right angle hand positions

Hi Valerie and listmember,

To decide which handshape I want to type is one thing. To arange the symbol
so that a special orientation (parallel to the floor- or to the wall,
direction fingertips , palm orientation ) is indicated is quite another
matter.
I would like a ask the following question: Sometimes it is difficult to
decide, how to arrange the left or right hand.I compared the writings of the
Angle Hand in the "Lessons in Sign Writing .." and in the "SignoEscritura"
book. I made a gif.
You can see the differences - Is there a common idea today to write the
"right angle hand positions" as the "Parkhursts" do in their exercise ?
I am afraid to confuse the reader (as well as me) if I mix up the symbols
for the left and right hand.

All the best

Stefan ;-)

Attachment
comparison spelling The Angle Hand.gif
Type: image/gif

3838 Re: writing of left or right angle hand positions Stefan Woehrmann Mon  8/7/2000
3840 Re: writing of left or right angle hand positions Valerie Sutton Mon  8/7/2000
3839 Re: writing of left or right angle hand positions Charles Butler Mon  8/7/2000
3842 Re: writing of left or right angle hand positions Stefan Woehrmann Wed  8/9/2000
3843 Re: writing of left or right angle hand positions Stefan Woehrmann Wed  8/9/2000
3848 Re: writing of left or right angle hand positions Valerie Sutton Mon  8/14/2000
3849 Re: writing of left or right angle hand positions Stefan Woehrmann Tue  8/15/2000

  Message 3837  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index