forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3851  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stuart Thiessen
Date:  Fri Aug 18, 2000  11:33 pm
Subject:  Possible Signwriting Workshop

Just wanted to let you all know that I have been asked to share a bit about
SignWriting at the Iowa Deafestival this September 22-23. Even though I am
still a novice at SW, I figure I can at least introduce participants to the
concepts and intentions of SW and hopefully between now and then continue
to learn more.

If any of you have any suggestions on what you have found helpful ...
instrumental ... eye-opening ... for an introduction to SW, please send
those ideas my way. I will end up having two workshops this fall one in
September and one in October. Probably do the same basic workshop only
keep on refining it. I will appreciate anything you guys may have to offer.

Also, I made a contact with an individual who is involved with the Des
Moines Public School Deaf Program and she seemed very interested in the
literacy project. So ... who knows?

Just thought that might be encouraging.

Thanks,

Stuart

Stuart Thiessen
4616 Hickman
Des Moines, IA 50310

  Replies Author Date
3852 Re: Possible Signwriting Workshop Ingvild Roald Mon  8/21/2000
3855 Re: Possible Signwriting Workshop Valerie Sutton Mon  8/21/2000
3857 Re: Possible Signwriting Workshop Stuart Thiessen Mon  8/21/2000
3873 Message from Brazil.... Valerie Sutton Wed  8/23/2000
3874 Translating the Message from Brazil.... Valerie Sutton Wed  8/23/2000
3881 Re: Message from Sao Paulo, Brazil.... Valerie Sutton Thu  8/24/2000
3924 Re: Possible Signwriting Workshop Valerie Sutton Tue  9/12/2000

  Message 3851  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index