forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3866  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Tue Aug 22, 2000  9:38 pm
Subject:  Re: Pledge Alligiance in SW

----- Original Message -----
From: Nancy Cole
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 2:08 AM

> I think it would be great for my students to see the various types of
> pledges. For now, I just want them to understand what interpreters have
been
> telling them for many years. My kids have no idea what they are even
> signing, so my hopes for them is through SW to have them understand what
in
> the world they are doing. Kids are so good at imitating, but I want them
> think for once. I think it would be FANTASTIC to have several versions,
and
> I could even show my kids once they see one. Thanks for all of your
help!!!
> YES I just couldn't do it without you!!!
>
> Smile
> Nancy

Hi Nancy , nice to read a message from you -

please can you do me the favor to explain "various types of pledges"
the Pledge of Allegiance "die Bürgschaft der Untertanentreue"
I know it isn´t a matter of SW but because of your discussion on the list I
would like to understand. The Altavista interpreter-service is really
funny -
kids is translated as "Zicklein" = the baby of a goat ;-) I´m afraid they
are absolutely unable to sign anything. Perhaps they would learn to
understand some SL and SW as well ???

Stefan ;-)

  Replies Author Date
3870 Re: Pledge Alligiance in SW Angus B. Grieve-Smith Wed  8/23/2000
3871 Re: Pledge Alligiance in SW Valerie Sutton Wed  8/23/2000

  Message 3866  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index