forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3893  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Aug 26, 2000  5:11 pm
Subject:  Using SignWriter Shareware

At 5:39 PM -0400 8/23/00, Nancy Cole wrote:
>Thank you so much for sending me the Pledge in SW. I downloaded the computer
>program for writing SW, but still have to learn how to use it.

SignWriting List
August 26, 2000

Everyone and Nancy -
I know computers can be a little frightnening. But it can be easier
than you realize.

Of course I am glad you will be purchasing the entire program, Nancy,
but meanwhile, I can still help you to learn how to use the shareware.

Remember this web page where you downloaded the SignWriter shareware?

Download SignWriter Shareware
https://www.SignWriting.org/catalog/sw128.html

When you go to that web page, you will find some instructions on the
same page - just scroll down...here are the instructions for Windows
users:

Instructions On How To Start Using SignWriter
....if you are using an IBM compatible computer...

Be sure you are in MS-DOS. You may have to exit Windows.

1. Create a new directory on your hard drive. Name it SW.

2. When you download SignWriter, a file named SW43.EXE will appear.
Place that file in your SW directory.

3. Next you will need to expand the file named SW43.EXE. To do this, type:

SW43

4. Then press the Return (or ENTER) key. It takes time for all of the
files to expand.

5. You now have a long list of files in your SW directory. Three files,
README.TXT, SWINFO.TXT and MANUAL.DOC are accessible through
any word processing program. You may want to open those files and print
them, since they give instruction on how to use SignWriter. All of the
other files belong to the SignWriter program, which is a stand-alone
program.

6. To start SignWriter, be sure you are in your SW directory. Type:

sw

7. Then press the Return (or ENTER) key. SignWriter opens on the screen.

8. Use the Alt Key plus the first letter of a word at the bottom of
the screen to access commands.

Write again if you have questions!

https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

  Message 3893  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index