forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3930  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Sep 19, 2000  3:27 pm
Subject:  Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files

At 4:53 PM +0100 9/19/00, Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
>Iīll be happy to describe the way I get the pdf files with my Computer.
>Months ago I happened to make these files with GhostWriter but since I can
>work with Acrobat 4.0 itīs pretty easy.

SignWriting List
September 19, 2000

Hello SW List, and Stefan of course! ;-)

Thank you, Stefan, for your excellent instructions. I will try to
follow them now, to see if I can figure it out....

You see, I know that GhostWriter is free and maybe even better than
Acrobat in some ways, but that is not my purpose.

I must learn how to use Adobe Acrobat 4.0 in Windows, because I want
to make an arrangement with the Adobe company to help SignWriting. So
GhostWriter is not the focus right now...I need to learn Acrobat.

Meanwhile, I am using Acrobat 4.0 on my Macintosh daily, and it is
easy and fun! But I can only work with Macintosh files on my
Macintosh, and SignWriter is an MS-DOS program, so for me to use
Acrobat to convert a SignWriter file to .pdf, I have to use a Windows
computer.

On the Mactintosh, there is no such thing as a PRNFile - I have no
idea what that is...nor do we have anything called a "path" on the
Mac, so that is also foreign to Mac users.

So I now have Acrobat 4.0 installed on a Windows computer in my
office (which I rarely use). And I will now try your instructions,
Stefan, and get back to you!

I want to thank both Stefan and Jerry Spillman for all your excellent help -

And members of the SW List, I hope you all are doing well?

More soon -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie Sutton

Visit the SignWritingSite:

3931 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Angus B. Grieve-Smith Tue  9/19/2000
3932 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Valerie Sutton Tue  9/19/2000
3933 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Stuart Thiessen Tue  9/19/2000
3935 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Valerie Sutton Tue  9/19/2000
3937 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Stuart Thiessen Tue  9/19/2000
3939 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Valerie Sutton Wed  9/20/2000
3940 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Angus B. Grieve-Smith Wed  9/20/2000
3934 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Angus B. Grieve-Smith Tue  9/19/2000

  Message 3930  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index