forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3931  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Tue Sep 19, 2000  4:13 pm
Subject:  Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> Meanwhile, I am using Acrobat 4.0 on my Macintosh daily, and it is
> easy and fun! But I can only work with Macintosh files on my
> Macintosh, and SignWriter is an MS-DOS program, so for me to use
> Acrobat to convert a SignWriter file to .pdf, I have to use a Windows
> computer.

Actually, the first step creates PostScript files, which are used
by just about every computer. If you can do that step using SoftPC, then
the rest is just as native to a Macintosh as to a PC.

> On the Mactintosh, there is no such thing as a PRNFile - I have no
> idea what that is...nor do we have anything called a "path" on the
> Mac, so that is also foreign to Mac users.

PRN2File is a DOS utility that redirects a DOS print queue to a
file, which means that it should run under SoftPC. You can find it at
Shareware.com:
<https://shareware.cnet.com/shareware/1,10269,0-16167-501-0-1-1,00.html?&tag=&qt=\prn2file&cn=&ca=16167>.

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Replies Author Date
3932 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Valerie Sutton Tue  9/19/2000
3933 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Stuart Thiessen Tue  9/19/2000
3935 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Valerie Sutton Tue  9/19/2000
3937 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Stuart Thiessen Tue  9/19/2000
3939 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Valerie Sutton Wed  9/20/2000
3940 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Angus B. Grieve-Smith Wed  9/20/2000
3934 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Angus B. Grieve-Smith Tue  9/19/2000

  Message 3931  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index