forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3944  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Eline Vanhecke
Date:  Wed Sep 20, 2000  7:51 am
Subject:  How to write signs concerning parts of the body

Hello listmembers,

I am really sorry that I've been out of touch for such a long time, but
Kristof and I have been very occupied by our work, so I hope that's
a valid excuse! :-)
These last few months we have been working with SignWriting very
intensively (transcribing all our videotaped material into
SignWriting), which has been very time -consuming (and it's not
finished yet!) but also very exciting, because by working with it, we
are becoming more and more 'fluent' we become.
Still, whilst transcribing our material, we came across the following
problem: we are know dealing with the signs concerning parts of
the body, but we don't know how to put the signs for e.g. 'KNEE'
(indexfinger of the right hand touches the knee) and 'LEG' into
SignWriting. In short we have a problems with signs concerning
parts of the body that are performed in the area below the
navel/belly button. I was wondering wether you might have any
suggestions or a solution for this problem? We really would be
very grateful!
Have a nice day! Hope to hearing from you soon.

Eline and Kristof

  Replies Author Date
3945 Re: How to write signs concerning parts of the bo Stefan Woehrmann Wed  9/20/2000
3948 QUESTION: How to write the lower body? Valerie Sutton Wed  9/20/2000
3949 Re: QUESTION: How to write the lower body? Valerie Sutton Wed  9/20/2000

  Message 3944  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index