forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3954  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Sep 21, 2000  11:25 pm
Subject:  Re: SignWriting in Brazil

On 9/21/00, Charles Butler wrote:
>Just a quick note from Charles Butler re my trip to Brazil.
>I got to spend time with Professor Fernando Capovilla in Sao Paulo
>to see his seminal work in LIBRAS (Brazilian Sign Language). The
>work is
>astounding and will be published (hopefully) by next February. He
>is such a gentle man, and so full of love for the Deaf of Brazil. I
>know that I will be working more with him.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

SignWriting List
September 21, 2000

Charles! This is so fabulous. I am just stunned to think that you
have met everyone in Brazil and visited all these places I have heard
so much about - I am totally envious....I surely wish I could have
been there with you ;-)))

I was just on email with Fernando today. A beautiful article on
SignWriting has now been published in Brazil, thanks to Fernando and
his work. So we agreed that I should post the article on our web
site, and I hope to do that this Fall.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

Valerie Sutton

Visit the SignWritingSite:
https://www.SignWriting.org

  Message 3954  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index