forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3961  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Cristina
Date:  Mon Sep 25, 2000  10:46 pm
Subject:  About Charles Butler trip to Brazil

We've been so glad with Charles Butler visit  that has improved our knowledge about Sign Writing. He has helped us very much with our discussions about how to write some signs and movements.  Charles has gave us conseilling to study a bit Dance Writing and now we wonder where we can get this ? Could someone help us ? Have you any book or anything else that you can send to us ?

We will begin classes of Sign Writing at the museum we work in, we'll teach for free so that anyone can learn it and in the future be able to visit the Science and Technology Museum and read all the captions we are translating.

More good news: next week will happen a course in Brasilia (Brazil's capital) that a member of our group will give a workshop and present the first version of LIBRAS Writing Manual to the Culture and Education Ministery, we hope that it will help to spread Sign Writing in our country.

Soon we got our own e-mail we'll subscribe SignWriting List from the museum.

MCT-PUCRS SignNet Group

  Replies Author Date
3964 Re: About Charles Butler trip to Brazil Charles Butler Tue  9/26/2000
3966 Writing Finger Movements Valerie Sutton Tue  9/26/2000
3970 Brazil: Fernando Capovilla Writes to SW List Valerie Sutton Thu  9/28/2000
3968 Re: About Charles Butler trip to Brazil Valerie Sutton Tue  9/26/2000

  Message 3961  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index