forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4027  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  katie kramer
Date:  Sat Oct 14, 2000  10:03 pm
Subject:  Re: New Special Feature Posted!

I had written to this listserv a few months ago. I will update you on who I
am... I am a senior in college at the University of Kentucky. I am
president of our ASL club here in Lexington, KY. I hopefully will attend
Gallaudet for Graduate school (I want to teach deaf children). Anyways, as
president of our ASL club, I am in charge of our community outreach program.
With this, we are working now to raise money to put the ASL access videos in
our local library. I am thrilled to see SW has some videos in the
collection. How excited. I will definitely mention putting those in our
collection, when we raise all of our money. I have been really interested
in SW because I had hoped to go to Nicaragua ( a dream of mine) and observe
the school they have for the Deaf there. I know the Shepard-Kegls are
working with them. Hopefully they will allow me to go observe and offer any
services I can to help the community out, clean, cook, etc. I just feel it
would be an excellent opportunity to learn SW and observe these students.
Thanx for reading this, good luck with all of your great efforts. Val, you
are a hard worker and I really enjoy reading some of your works. Keep it
up. Take care, Katie Kramer