forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4081  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Ingvild Roald
Date:  Wed Nov 1, 2000  8:22 pm
Subject:  off-topic: if you know about ..

Hi all,

I've been reading the messages and following the great wotks of Valerie,
even if I have not been posting myself for a while.

But now I have an urgent, off-topic, question for anyone who are able to
direct me:

The Norwegian policy of giving the deaf children a right to a sign language
education, is interpreted by the beuraucrats to mean that an interpeter in
class and sign language instruction for the parent will fullfill the childs
need for a signing environment, and fill the social and emotinal needs.We in
the 'know' desperately need reseach or authoritaive statements to support
our claim that Deaf children need to meet with other DEaf children and
adults in order to develop to their full potential. Can any of you give me
any leads?

Ingvild

  Replies Author Date
4099 research about Deaf needing contact with Deaf Valerie Sutton Thu  11/2/2000
4104 Re: off-topic: if you know about .. Ronald Dettloff Thu  11/2/2000

  Message 4081  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index