forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4109  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Nov 3, 2000  12:20 am
Subject:  Re: research about Deaf needing contact with Deaf

On 11/2/00, Robin Homesley wrote:
>>>I have gone through a lot of challenges (and I still am) in
>>>"finding" myself. I have many stories/experiences that supports
>>>the issue of being with other deaf/HoH people in order to be a
>>>whole person. Sorry this is so long, but I have lots of emotions
>>>tied up in this personally and with/for my students going through
>>>the same thing. Any questions or comments from/for me are
>>>welcomed. Robin <<<

SignWriting List
November 2, 2000

Hello Everyone, and Robin -

I am so glad you wrote today, Robin. I want you to know that you and
your school has been accepted into our SignWriting Literacy Project.
Thank you for your letter and web report, which I will be posting
tonight.

Today I telephoned Lisa Akers, your Assistant Principal, and I told
Lisa I am sending two big white boxes to her tomorrow...so by the
middle of next week you should have your materials for the kids!

I can well imagine you had a hard childhood as a hard-of-hearing
person. But you are pioneering with your own students...so maybe you
can help solve some of those problems for future generations...

And I hope SignWriting can be a positive addition to your classroom ;-)

Best -

Valerie Sutton

Visit the SignWritingSite:
https://www.SignWriting.org

  Message 4109  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index