forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4157  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Nov 12, 2000  7:17 pm
Subject:  INSTRUCTION: hands relate to arrows...

On 11/9/00, SignNet-MCT-PUCRS wrote:

1) The sign for adapt we can use only the hand that moves, then there
is no need to put the surface symbol....

SignWriting List
November 12, 2000

Yes...that is true.

In this case, I would suggest placing the hand symbol at the
beginning of the arrow stem...either at the beginning of the longer
arrow or the small curved arrow...

That is generally the way we write, since the movement starts at the
stem....If you had a second, finishing position...then that second
hand would be placed at the arrowhead..showing the end of the
movement...

Attachment
hand-arrow.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 4157  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index