forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4173  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  SignNet-MCT-PUCRS
Date:  Mon Nov 13, 2000  3:35 pm
Subject:  Re: Hello from Germany

Stefan:
Thank you very much !  It's a joy for us have your support !
I picked up the illustrations from "Lessons in Sign Writing", Group 3. They are shown first with the right hand, wall plane and palm facing te signer and then all the possible rotations with the same hand (I guess), wall and floor planes.

"Let me tell you that I agree completely with your spelling. I had a very close look at the "Lessons in SignWriting Textbook and Workbook  " by Valerie Sutton. chapter 3 Hands Group 3 page 36 shows a long listing of various handshapes.

For quite a while I decided to write the bentfingers the way you suggest it in your gif. I feel comfortable with that and my students ask me to mirror the hand if there are other spellings in my texts which I wrote months ago !

All the best and keep on asking !!!

SW is a wonderfull thing and all of us ins Germany who got in contact with it so far are very interested in using it more and more.

All the best -

Stefan ;-) "