forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4190  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Nov 14, 2000  2:52 pm
Subject:  Re: dots

At 11:43 PM -0500 11/13/00, Wendy Windley wrote:
>ok i am lost ...maybe i am too new at sign but i have NO idea what
>you all are talking about!
>wendy

SignWriting List
November 14, 2000

Wendy - sorry we confused you...and welcome to the SignWriting List!

We have been discussing the following...

In the ASL sign for "Father", the thumb touches the forehead twice.

The thumb is hard to write, because you can only see the tip of the
thumb coming straight towards you.

So we have two ways to write that...with a line, or with a
dot....which version do you like better?

Attachment
father.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 4190  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index