forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4233  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Nov 16, 2000  4:32 pm
Subject:  Easing the book publishing process...

November 16, 2000

Dear SignWriting List:

Before I get back to technical work that is time-consuming, I want to
share something with you...

There is a group in Italy that would like to translate the Lessons In
SignWriting Textbook. Of course I feel very honored that they are
interested in doing this..

As you know, our textbooks are always out-of-date...

Plus my files for book-layout are in PageMaker 6.5 on the Mac, which
means that a lot of people cannot use that format to create their own
new version...and the files are large and in color, which also makes
it difficult.

Therefore, I am suggesting that they start by translating our Lessons
Online from our web site, rather than starting from a printed
book...If they start on the web, they can then later turn their web
pages into Acrobat .pdf files to print in book form.

This way I can continually update the web page instruction, and we
will not be as "out-of-date"...

Any other suggestions for easing the book publishing process?

Valerie Sutton

Visit the SignWritingSite:

4267 Re: Easing the book publishing process... Ingvild Roald Sat  11/18/2000

  Message 4233  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index