forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4430  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Tue Feb 6, 2001  10:14 pm
Subject:  Re: Brazilian Sign

Hi friends,

looking at your question I learned something for my own workshop. Thanks for that ;-)

I attached a gif .

As you can see I would suggest the spelling of the Angle Hand with the thumbs outside.
Looking at the whole row 1-6 and comparing it to the flat hand positions you will understand the principle.

Valerie recently offered a wonderfull gif with additional positions which can express the exact angle of the fingers towards the body accurately.

Nevertheless - your suggestion number 1 would be o.k -- everybody would understand that.

Suggestion number two isnīt right. The hands donīt show to the left or the right but are in front , fingers up, palm up -

Time will show wether this typical sign should become a typical exeption from the "rule "   (follow the thumb)
Following my intuition I like it but following the "rule" I got accustomed to the writing with the fingers on the thumbs side ;-)

I added some DGS signs showing different positions of Angle hands  - the way "our team" is writing them in Germany ;-)

All the best and keep on posting questions.

We all can learn from that !

Stefan ;-)