forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4661  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Themis Karaminis
Date:  Wed Mar 28, 2001  7:06 pm
Subject:  Greek Sign Language Dictionary

Dear Valerie,

during the last months I've been working on the transcription of some
Greek Sign Language videos with SignWriter. This resulted in a 600-sign
dictionary. Besides some uncertainty about the correctness of some
signs, I face the problem that the greek alphabet is different from the
latin alphabet. Can SignWriter accept greek fonts? How? Is the
documentation available? This question also concerns the menus, so as a
greek version of SW would be produced.

Also a question for the list members: Does anyone uses SW or .sgn files
for computational linguistics of sign languages?

Thank you
Themis.

  Replies Author Date
4663 Re: Greek Sign Language Dictionary Valerie Sutton Thu  3/29/2001
4679 Re: Greek Sign Language Dictionary Themis Karaminis Sat  3/31/2001
4694 Re: Greek Sign Language Dictionary Valerie Sutton Sun  4/1/2001
4664 SignWriting & Computational Linguistics Valerie Sutton Thu  3/29/2001

  Message 4661  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index