forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4681  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Antonio Carlos da Rocha Costa
Date:  Sat Mar 31, 2001  7:48 pm
Subject:  Re: sign language processing and computational sign language processing

Themis,

> I learned about SignWriting when I have been searching on how
> computational resources for the GrSL could be developed. Now I am
> questioning over the suitability of the SW for sign NLP applications,
> perhaps with a cognitive view.

Could you state briefly what you understand by "sign NLP with a cognitive
view"? What cognitive aspects of language processing would you say that are
dependent on the particular form that has been chosen for writing a language on
paper (or computer screen)?

Antônio Carlos

  Message 4681  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index