forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4710  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Mon Apr 2, 2001  9:14 pm
Subject:  Re: spelling diagonal angle

Hi Valerie,

I am sorry to confuse you and perhaps others too ,

well in this connection of discussing the planes and the spelling of the
hands located parallel to these planes I ±> only interested in the spelling/
writing of the flat hand - palm down, fingertips down wrist up - just as
if the car is going down the hill ! In order to illustrate this idea better
I added the side-view whish is easy to write and easy to read - but I ±>
interested in learning to write the front view !

But when I read your comment that there is a difference between the two
symbols "down forward" I feel lucky to stumble over a problem I didn ±²
know before -

That is the way people learn - ha !

SW is so easy to understand - if soneone explains to you how he wants you to
read a special symbol -composition - but it takes a long time and training
to become a competent SW- writer . There are so many things to decide -
which the reader doesn ±² think of !
And it is a funny thing that even you hurt some principles the competent
reader will figure out what has been on your mind if he is a fluent signer
in that SL the text is written in.

So let me post my "car down hill gif 2 - " Just imagine someone would like
to tell you about the hill - wow - the car stood there - front of the car
pretty much down -
What do you see ? A flat hand that is not parallel to the floor and not
parallel to the frontwall. The hand is at an angel but not like an airpane
that takes off with fingertips up but like something which is going to drive
down forward - fingertips low wrist high -

I made one gif - the sideview shows the position of the flat hand -

What I don ±² know is how to write the same positon of this flat hand in
front - view using the " Sun rise plane "
If directly down - no problem -
If directly forward - no problem -

but this inbetween ....

Stefan