forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4720  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Mon Apr 2, 2001  11:15 pm
Subject:  Re: Sandra's question: Writing ASL classifiers

Hi Valerie and ...

just would like to share this picture with you .

In your explanations regarding ASL - grammar your write : gif : grammar
5-6(1) at the end :

" And then it goes on to say :

What does it put there ? A special facial expression with eyebrows up !

I think it is really interesting that a boy less than 3 years old is trying
to read this eyebrows up face correctly ;-) !!

Little Gordian takes is little hands to assist his facial expression.
In front of the door of my room I fixed several SW - papers ato the wall -
one of them shows eyebrows up and down - Gordian wants to tell me that he
can read them and performs a cute lecture !!

Stefan ;-)

PS. Eduard - one of my first grade students - performed it the same way -
using his fingers to assist his performance .