forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4753  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Apr 8, 2001  2:48 pm
Subject:  Re: powerpoint presentations in sign language

Antonio Carlos wrote:
>>>Two deaf students working with me (Diogo, high-school - Ivana,
>>>junior undergraduate in education) found interesting to produce
>>>PowerPoint presentations in sign language, using SignWriting.
>>>Besides, it was their own discovery that PowerPoint presentations
>>>are another good means to publish sign language texts (other than
>>>web pages). You can find the first two presentations in the
>>>address: https://sign-net.ucpel.tche.br/ppts

SignWriting List
April 8, 2001

Dear SW List, Antonio Carlos, Diogo and Ivana!

Thank you very much for your SignWriting PowerPoint presentations!

They look wonderful ;-)

I downloaded both presentations. I have never used PowerPoint
software before, but I do own the software. So I installed PowerPoint
on my computer and enjoyed reading your diagrams!

For those on the SignWriting List who do not own PowerPoint, it is a
program for making lecture-demonstrations, I believe, and the program
creates slides that can be projected up on a wall...

I can imagine Diogo and Ivana's slides look very beautiful at a large
size...They are very colorful and include great illustrations....even
one of SpiderMan!!

Here is a GIF I made from one of their slides:

Attachment
Diogo-Ivana.gif
Type: image/gif

4754 Re: powerpoint presentations in sign language Angus B. Grieve-Smith Sun  4/8/2001
4756 Re: powerpoint presentations in sign language Valerie Sutton Sun  4/8/2001

  Message 4753  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index