forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4755  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Apr 8, 2001  3:18 pm
Subject:  SignWriter 4.4 and Acrobat...

Jerry Spillman wrote:
>I was not able to read the language, but I certainly liked the
>presentations as far as their visual appearance. I don't know if you
>have it available, but Adobe Acrobat also can be used to build this type
>of display, and practically all browsers used on the web have a plug-in
>for showing them.

SignWriting List
April 8, 2001

Thanks for mentioning Adobe Acrobat, Jerry. For those who use
SignWriter 4.4, it is important to know about Acrobat (or another
shareware program called GhostWriter which is similar to Acrobat).

Acrobat makes it possible to share SignWriter documents with people
who do not own SignWriter...They are able to open the SignWriter
document on the web, or on their desktop...

Acrobat also standardizes printing, so that SignWriter files can be
printed on any printer....

And SignWriter 4.4 can now export to a postscript file, which makes
it possible to create Acrobat files quickly...

Did you know about the new Acrobat 5.0? I am excited about it, since
for the first time, PDF files will be "editable"...so when we share
documents, we will be able to make changes if need be....
--

Val ;->