forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4759  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Apr 8, 2001  7:41 pm
Subject:  Re: German name sign for Ilker...

On 3/26/01, Stefan Woehrmann2 wrote:
Here is my SW- spelling - ha - I will ask Irina tomorrow - she put
her hand at the back of her head whe we were looking for a name sign
for Ilker . But who knows perhaps the hand should be placed today at
the right (!!!! definitely temple ??) One aspect of this may be that
he (Ilker) himself never has studied or understood his own written
name sign with that much attention we do ;-) Irina referred to his
CI, when she invented his name sign....

SignWriting List
April 8, 2001

Hello Stefan and Everyone!

Thank you for your excellent photos, Stefan - they really help to
clarify exactly what was on my mind. As you can see by my attached
diagram, the three ways to write that sign are quite different....all
three show different positions...

When we read and write from the Expressive Viewpoint, we are seeing
signs as if we were standing behind the signer and looking through
the signer's body...so the photo of Ilker's back of his head is
perfect to show how I would write that sign...I would choose number
3, since it matches the photo. The reader sees the back of the hand
in that position, since the reader is the audience, so the Angle
Handshape is dark...

Attachment
ContactHead1.jpg
Type: image/jpeg

  Message 4759  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index