forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4781  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Apr 11, 2001  10:47 pm
Subject:  Re: Hard-to-Write Handshapes

SignWriting List
April 11, 2001

Dear SW List and Stefan -

Here is the first of a series of diagrams showing detailed palm
facing in Sutton Movement Writing.

Look at the attached diagram...In SignWriting, we use Palm Facings 1,
3 and 5. Because 2 and 4 are so rarely used (diagonal palm facings),
they are not included in the SignWriter 4.4 symbol set. They will be
included in future computer programs. Right now, you will have to
write them by hand.

Could you create five photos, from the Expressive View, of these five
positions, Stefan? Can you place the camera on your shoulder, to
capture the Expressive View? That would be such a blessing...If I
have the photos, then I can make easier diagrams that will be easier
to understand...Your other photo will be used in a future message ;-)

Attachment
PalmFacing1.gif
Type: image/gif

4782 Re: Hard-to-Write Handshapes Valerie Sutton Wed  4/11/2001

  Message 4781  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index