forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4805  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Héctor y Margarita Devia
Date:  Mon Apr 16, 2001  6:13 pm
Subject:  Colombian Fingerspelling.

To Valerie Sutton and SW-List.

Nice to meet you again.

Here is the Colombian Official  Fingerspelling Alpabet. In  Colombia there are several variations of fingerspelling, for example the letters "s" has three variations, the "Z" has two, "T" three and so forth.

The style of Colombian Fingerspelling is from FENASCOL (Federación Nacional de Sordos de Colombia) like they teach in their LSC classes, and like appear on their books, plus is the form wellknown through Colombian territory by deaf people.

Number has several variations too. Some Deaf use a kind of ASL number (Not exactly the same) other a mix betwin LSC numbers and ASL numbers. I Choose the official form because it is wellknown by Deaf through the Colombian Territory. It is teach by FENASCOL too.

I has a little doubt, the letter "P" is with index and middle finger crossed, index finger on top of middle finger, like the Spanish Sign Language "R" handshape, but on the FENASCOL's book the draw is with middle finger bent on index finger spread. Deaf use one or another, I use the second form my wife the first. I dont know if it is a wrong from the drawer. What form choose? Second form means a new handshape for SignWiting.

Thanks by yours kindness.

Attachment
Finger.sgn
Type: application/octet-stream

4811 Re: Colombian Fingerspelling. Valerie Sutton Tue  4/17/2001
5295 Colombian Fingerspelling Letter "P" Valerie Sutton Tue  7/24/2001

  Message 4805  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index